· Arrival: Students arrive through main doors of the building where they are greeted by teachers before they are brought down to the classrooms. School starts at 8:15am. The earliest students can be dropped off is 7:55 am. Bus stop assignments and times for bus-eligible students will be mailed out in August.
· Dismissal: Students riding the bus are escorted to the bus by an aide, and remaining students are dismissed by classroom teacher. School dismisses at 2:49 pm. *A note MUST be provided for changes to dismissal routines.
Things to Know:
· Please ensure that your child gets plenty of sleep and has a healthy breakfast to begin the day with energy and on a positive note.
· It is encouraged that students read at least 20 minutes every night. This will benefit him/her with the reading readiness program and provides a special time together for you and your child. Additional homework will be assigned by the teacher.
· In September, all students who speak a language other than English may be tested for eligibility for our English Language Learners (ELL) program. If your child qualifies, you will be notified by mail.
Items to be sent in from home:
· Backpack large enough to fit a full-sized folder. The complete supply list is posted on our website here.
· Extra set of clothes to be replenished if used.
· Healthy snack sent from home daily. See list below. Please pack this snack separate from his/her lunch and labeled “snack.” We are not able to refrigerate or heat food. If you are sending in birthday goodie bags, please make sure there is one for each student and that it does not contain any candy or sweets. Reminder:School policy states that no birthday party invitations may be distributed during school hours.
· Monthly menus are posted to the school website at the start of each month.
· Lunch: $2.70 per day. Breakfast (optional- 7:55am): $1.50 per day. Milk, Juice, Fruit, etc. can be purchased daily from the a la carte menu.
· Parents can pay by check, cash, or online at www.payforit.net using your child’s ID# which will be provided by the school in September. Please put check or cash in an envelope with child’s first and last name and the teacher’s name. Snacks can also be purchased, but the money must be in a separate envelope.
· If you choose to pay monthly, look at the yearly calendar to see how many days of school are in that month and multiply by $2.70. Send that amount in before the1st of the month. If your child does not have any lunch money on their lunch card, a notice will go home at the end of the week with the amount of money owed.
Approved Healthy Snack Items
· Foods: Low fat yogurt, Fruit (fresh, canned inits own juice, or dried), Vegetable Sticks (alone or with low fat dip), Granola or Whole Grain Cereal Bars (without nuts), Whole grain cereal, Whole grain crackers (with cheese), Pretzels, Popcorn (air popped or light butter), Rice cakes, Graham crackers, gingersnaps, animal crackers, fig cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, Blueberry muffins, Low fat pudding
· Drinks: Water, Low fat or skim milk, Soy milk, 100% fruit juice
· Candy, donuts, cakes and cupcakes are NOT ALLOWED (except during four seasonal celebrations: Halloween, Winter Holiday Celebration, Valentine’s Day,and End of Year Celebration.)